Why Choose a Live-Aboard?
If you like being pampered, having your every whim attended to, being chauffeured to the doorstep of the best diving on the planet and eating like a king for a week, then a live-aboard excursion might be the best way to fulfill your dive travel dreams. Because that’s pretty much it: You dive, dream of diving, snack between diving, look at photos of your last dive, get prepped for your next dive, lounge in the sun, read a book, maybe sea kayak or wander a beach, and then celebrate each day with a sumptuous gourmet meal.
Five things are always certain on a live-aboard:
- You will dive as much as you possibly can with the least amount of effort on the best dive spots of the region, many of which are accessible only via live-aboard.
- The people you meet, both the staff and other divers, will become your friends for life.
- You will need to loosen a notch on your belt after a week at the hands of the chef.
- You will completely relax and sleep like you’ve never slept before — there won’t be a phone, e-mail (unless you must), work stress or housekeeping and cooking for a week.
- Just like eating potato chips, one is never enough — you will become a convert and want to book your next dive excursion on a live-aboard.
The hardest part is making the decision of where you want to go. Live-aboards visit the most coveted destinations on the planet.