Divers get to try out regulators, dive computers, BCs, fins and more at the Submerge with SCUBAPRO events planned during May at some of the hottest diving locations in Florida. For divers, the Sunshine State has it all: From the wrecks, towers and ledges off the Panhandle and Gulf Coast, and flooded caves and springs that flow from the floor of north-central Florida, to the wrecks and reefs off the Atlantic east coast and the coral island chain known collectively as the Keys, bubble blowers come from all over the world to experience the state’s underwater treasures. The Submerge with SCUBAPRO events take divers on a road trip throughout Florida, with stops to get wet and try out gear in Jupiter, Pompano, Islamorada, Venice and Crystal River.
Attendees will get:
- Chance to try out A700 and C300 regulators, Seawing Nova and Gorilla fins, Meridian and Galileo Luna dive computers, GO BC and more
- Half-price-diving at five different locations
- Free catered lunch for attendees
- SCUBAPRO gear expert seminars on gear maintenance/care and regulators.
- SCUBAPRO Meridian computer seminar
- ScubaLab seminar on gear-testing protocols, SCUBAPRO Testers’ Choice winners and SCUBAPRO innovations for 2012
- Dive briefings from Scuba Diving editors and host dive operators on the local diving
Sunday, May 6 – Jupiter, FL
(host: Jupiter Dive Center, jupiterdivecenter.com, 561-745-7807)
Wednesday, May 9 – Pompano, FL
(host: Pompano Dive Center, pompanodivecenter.com, 954-788-0208)
Saturday, May 12 – Islamorada, FL
(host: Key Dives, keydives.com, 305-664-2211)
Wednesday, May 16 – Venice, FL
(host: Florida Underwater Sports, Sarasota, floridaunderwatersports.com, 941-870-4461)
Saturday, May 19 – Crystal River, FL
(host: Birds Underwater, birdsunderwater.com 352-563-2763)
Space may be limited depending on the venue. Be sure to call the event host early to let them know you want to attend.