WHITES FUSION ONE
• Price: $999.99
• Style: Rear Entry, Horizontal Shoulder Zip
• Suited For: Light-Duty, General-Purpose Diving
• Available Size: 5
• Info: whitesdiving.com
• Watertight shell covered with a protective 1 mm neoprene skin fitted with Lycra panels in high-stretch areas
• Abrasion-resistant material knee to ankle
• Replaceable outerskin
• Comes with adjustable suspenders and drawstring bag
For many testers, the Fusion One was the most interesting suit in this lineup. The inner DryCore shell keeps water out while the high-stretch outer skin protects the shell and creates a snug, streamlined fit. Because of this dual-component design, the Fusion One requires a special donning process that’s different from other drysuits, although it’s not difficult; do it right, and you end up with a flexible, form-fitting suit — 100 percent of testers got a good fit with only two sizes. Racking up more “excellent”scores than any other suit, the Fusion One excelled in range of motion, valve positioning, and use and hydrodrag — divers reported that it was like diving in a wetsuit, only better.
Offering a featherweight, snug-fitting, watertight ride, the Fusion One earned the second-highest number of votes for top suit and this year’s Best Buy nod.