BARE TRILAM PRO DRY
• MSRP: $1,399.95
• Style: Rear Entry, Horizontal Shoulder Zip
• Suited For: General-Purpose Diving
• Available Size: 17 Men’s, 6 Women’s
• Info: baresports.com
• Nylon/butyl/polyester trilaminate material stitched with two-needle felled-seam construction
• 2 mm neoprene neck collar with smoothskin liner
• Boot options: vulcanized-rubber boots with 4 mm compressed neoprene uppers, or compression-resistant soft socks
• Lifetime warranty on seams and workmanship
Eight of the 10 divers who tested this suit reported a good fit. The Trilam Pro was lightweight and pliable yet rugged — the large K-Padz kneepads did a good job protecting the lower legs. The big selling point was superior comfort in and out of the water, plus range of motion due in part to the suit’s super-flexible T-Zip zipper. The wrist seals — the bottleneckshaped variety — are made of heavy-duty latex: harder to get on and off, but resistant to tearing. Everybody liked the attached vulcanized-rubber boots.
Test divers really liked the features and the overall feel of the Trilam Pro. It racked up the most points for overall favorite in our shootout — earning it the Testers’ Choice.